Community Service Program
"Love cannot remain by itself - it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action and that action is service."
- St. Mother Teresa
If you ever wondered why we do Community Service here at Fontbonne, take a moment to think about a world without people who help others asking nothing in return. We wouldn't want to live in that world and neither would you.
We are excited to help students find places where they can participate in community service, share their unique talents and show their love and concern for others.
Every student attending Fontbonne Hall Academy is required to complete 15 hours of volunteer service per year at an approved site. The goals of our program are:
- To deepen personal growth
- To strengthen our faith
- To extend Fontbonne's ministry
- To overcome fear of those who are different
Our students MUST follow the following procedure and adhere to the DUE DATES:
- Site Approval Form - Please return by October 5, 2016
- Parental Permission Form - Please return by October 5, 2016
- The site must be approved by Mrs. Maldari, and your site approval form will be returned to your FA.
- Upon approval, each student must call the site and arrange for the day and time of service.
- The students must then have the site coordinator complete and sign the Site Contract Form by October 19, 2016.
- The completed Record of Volunteer Service form must be returned by March 1, 2017 for Grade 12 and April 10, 2017 for Grades 9, 10, and 11.
- All forms may be returned to the main office.
Thank you for your commitment to the service of others and for your commitment for being "ALL IN" for Fontbonne.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Effie Maldari, Community Service Coordinator, at 718-567-8097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org