There are several required steps in order to apply to Fontbonne Hall Academy:
1. Submit the online application. Applications must be submitted by November 15, 2019. Please click here to submit the online application. All families must create an account to submit the application.
2. All applicants must register to take the TACHS exam. The Brooklyn exam will be given on Saturday, November 9. For additional information and registration, visit www.tachsinfo.com or call 1-866-61TACHS. Student handbooks can be picked up at catholic elementary and high schools. Fonbonne's TACHS code is: 005.
3. Letters of Recommendation: We require two letters of recommendation per applicant. One must be from a current teacher of English, history, science or math. The other should be submitted by another teacher, principal, or any non-family member who can speak to the applicant's character, academic excellence, athletic/artistic skills, community service involvement, etc. Recommendations must be received by November 15, 2019. Please submit this link to those who will be submitting a recommendation to complete the online recommendation form.
4. For students enrolled in a public school only: Submit the completed TACHS applicant record sheet to your current school. If you did not receive this form, please request report cards/transcripts from grades 6-8 from current school. Fontbonne should receive these by no later than December 16, 2019. For students who currently attend a Catholic school: grades will be included on the TACHS form, you do not need to request transcripts separately.
5. Students who want to be considered for a merit-based scholarship must take the FHA Scholarship Exam on Sunday, November 17, 2019 from 12-2pm. Scholarship priority is given to those students who put FHA as their first choice. Merit-based scholarships are awarded based not only on the scholarship exam but also TACHS score, overall application, middle school transcript and letters of recommendations. Students will be sent a link to register for the scholarship exam after their online application has been submitted.
6. Financial Aid: For information regarding applying for need-based financial aid please click here
Transfer students are welcome to apply and will be reviewed on a space available basis. To discuss applying as a transfer, please contact Victoria Hein, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com