Community Service Program
"Love cannot remain by itself - it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action and that action is service."
- St. Mother Teresa
If you ever wondered why we do Community Service here at Fontbonne, take a moment to think about a world without people who help others asking nothing in return. We wouldn't want to live in that world and neither would you.
We are excited to help students find places where they can participate in community service, share their unique talents and show their love and concern for others.
Students in the 9th, 10th and 12th grades attending Fontbonne Hall Academy are required to complete a minimum of 15 hours of volunteer service.
Students in the 11th grade will be directed to Community Service projects by Mrs. Megan Correira, who will meet them and supervise them this year.
The goals of our program are:
- To deepen our personal growth
- To live our faith
- To extend Fontbonne's ministry
- To overcome fear of those who are different
Students must return the following forms by the DUE DATES below:
- Site Request Form - Please return by October 5, 2017
- Parental Permission Form - Please return by October 5, 2017
- Site Contract Form - Please return by October 26, 2017
- Completed Record of Volunteer Service and Reflection of Service - Grade 12 - Return by April 17, 2018 Grades 9, 10 - Return by May 4, 2018
All forms may be returned to the main office.
Thank you for your commitment to the service of others and "putting your action into service."
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Effie Maldari, Community Service Coordinator, at 718-567-8097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org