*For more information on any of these means of support for Fontbonne, please call the Development Office and speak with Joseph Geraci, Director of Development 718.748.2244 x137. Thank you again for your love and support of Fontbonne.
Planned Giving at Fontbonne
A planned gift is a long-term way to continue your support and gives you the satisfaction of knowing that your support of Fontbonne Hall Academy will continue well into the future. Your planned gift also allows you to:
• Provide needed tuition assistance for students with outstanding academics but have a significant financial need. You can also help close the gap between what Fontbonne charges for tuition and what it costs to educate a student per year (currently a $4000 gap).
• Support academic, social and college partnership programs for future generations of students at Fontbonne Hall Academy.
• Establish a legacy for yourself and your loved ones.
• Give back for all you received at Fontbonne in an intelligent, meaningful and structured way.
• Serve as an example to other Alumnae and friends and inspire them to also consider a planned gift.
• Become involved in the school’s future plans and direction to support the female leaders of tomorrow.
There are a number of planned gift options and the following are some of the most common types:
Bequests Through Will or Trust
Designate Fontbonne Hall Academy (FHA) as the beneficiary of a bequest or gift by the terms of the donor’s will or by a revocable or irrevocable trust.
As you reach age 70.5, you will have a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). That is the minimum amount you must withdraw from your accounts each year. You can you can make a gift to Fontbonne through your IRA and take advantage the tax benefits. Gifts of up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to a qualified charity like FHA can be given without having to pay taxes on the money.
*Sample Language for your will--consult your attorney or accountant for more information:
Specific Gift Language:
I give and devise to Fontbonne Hall Academy (Tax ID #11-1667628), located in Brooklyn,New York, the sum of $___________ (or asset) to be used for its general support (or for the support of a specific fund or program).
Residual Gift Language (A residual bequest comes to us after your estate expenses and specific bequests are paid):
I give and devise to Fontbonne Hall Academy (Tax ID #11-1667628), located in Brooklyn,New York, all (or a percentage) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, to be used for its general support (or for the support of a specific fund or program).
Mother St. John Fontbonne 1937 Society
The Mother St. John Fontbonne 1937 Society was established to honor Alumnae and Friends who have made the visionary decision to make provisions for FHA in their will or through other planned giving vehicles. Following are current members of the Society to whom we are eternally grateful:
Charitable Gift Annuities
A charitable gift annuity allows FHA to receive fixed payments for the rest of your life while simultaneously making a gift to FHA.
You may elect to name FHA as the owner and beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
Life Estate Agreement
A donor may contribute a personal residence and retain the right to occupy the property until death. Upon the donor’s passing, FHA will own the entire interest in the property.
Retirement Plan Assets
Retirement plans owned by the donor may be gifted to FHA upon the donor’s passing. These might include Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), 401(k), 403(b), and defined contribution plans.